BNP Paribas is determined to become the banking group that sets the standard for customer satisfaction. Over recent years, measures of the bank’s customer satisfaction show growing strength, while its market position in competitive pricing and quality service is recognized by both the press and consumer associations. The Group’s policy on quality is based on three major strategies: ongoing improvement in customer satisfaction, the use of quality as a tool for growth and mobilization of all our staff to achieve these goals.
The “Objective Quality” website (quality.bnpparibas.com) presents the steps taken by the BNP Paribas Group to satisfy its clients and respond to increasingly high expectations for quality service.
The website is organized around three categories that describe the Group’s quality policy in detail: certifications, innovations and relations. The main purpose of the website is to provide information on the Group’s business initiatives that are directed at quality improvement.
With over 60 entities currently ISO certified, BNP Paribas has demonstrated quality and professionalism in the services it provides: it offers its clients and partners guaranteed security and reliability. The Group has positioned itself as:
· A leader in ISO 9001 certification in Banking and Insurance;
· The first bank to be ISO 20000/ISO 9001 certified for providing IT services;
· The first real estate advisory firm to obtain 14001 certification through its subsidiary Atisreal UK;
· The first IT Division of its size to be certified CMMi Level 3 in Europe.
The determination to recognize and reward innovations by Group employees has inspired BNP Paribas to institute two keynote events in 2007, designed to make innovation both a challenge that mobilizes employees and an element that improves customer service.
· Innovation Awards given in recognition of innovations in all its forms: business innovation that results from initiatives taken by employees or teams whose actual mission is innovation, as well as innov@ction which draws on ideas expressed by employees, whether individually or as a group, to improve products, services or procedures.
· Innovation and Technology Days have been held in over 20 countries, with 20 business lines, 57 speakers, 115 exhibitors and a total of 800 participants attending these celebrations of innovation.
BNP Paribas always listens to its customers – individuals, businesses and institutional clients. The new website provides two options that are designed to provide maximum customer satisfaction.
· Tercéo is a credit card option that allows customers to spread out or defer payments for major purchases. It illustrates BNP Paribas’ quality initiative in two ways: customers benefit from better management of their credit card expenses and their feedback guides the bank to more effective promotion of this product’s advantages.
· “Accueil & Services”, a program for transforming BNP Paribas branches, will allow to provide more user-friendly locations that better respond to customers in terms of reception, advisory services, opening hours and responsiveness. This program is based on customer satisfaction surveys and follow-up action plans.
Web surfers can also navigate through current events and customer endorsements, view an interview with the Head of Quality, search for data on certified entities and learn about the most innovative initiatives.
Antoine Sire, Head of Brand, Communications and Quality for BNP Paribas, comments on the Group’s quality policy: “Quality is a determining factor in the value of our brand. Of course, communication is important, but nothing is as significant as the daily evidence of the attention we pay to our customers, through a systematic approach to managing quality and measuring customer satisfaction. And the way we prove this daily commitment is through the quality of our performance as we build our reputation.”
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the 4 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor’s. The group is present in over 85 countries, with almost 163,000 employees, including near 127,000 in Europe. The group holds key positions in three major segments: Corporate and Investment Banking, Asset Management & Services and Retail Banking. Present throughout Europe in all of its business lines, the bank’s two domestic markets in retail banking are France and Italy. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
Isabelle Wolff: +33 (0)1 57 43 89 26